In accordance with the St. Lawrence Management Corporation’s (SLSMC’s) Business Plan, the St. Lawrence Seaway Schedule of Tolls was modified in 2013 featuring:
- a modest three percent toll increase;
- a New Business Incentive Program which offers a 20% discount on cargo tolls for three seasons for any commodity/origin/destination combinations approved by the SLSMC as being new business;
- a Volume Rebate Incentive Program, offering a 10% reduction on cargo tolls for the incremental volume increase over the highest volume achieved by a shipper/receiver over the previous 5 years;
- a Service Incentive Program which offers an additional 20% discount on cargo tolls for new business export cargo for a regular service in the Great Lakes
- the introduction of a new Gateway incentive.
In effort to maintain the momentum underlying the Seaway’s market development initiatives and a five year freeze on toll rates, the SLSMC has decided that there will be a modest 3% toll increase in 2013. In addition, the New Business and Volume incentives will continue to remain in effect.
In February 2011, the Service Incentive Program was launched and will remain effective for the 2013 navigation season.
This year marks the introduction of a new Gateway Incentive that will serve to extend the marine mode’s competitive position.
To learn more about the various incentive programs and the savings they offer, please visit the Incentive Programs page.
For more detailed information, please refer to the St. Lawrence Seaway Schedule of Tolls or send your request to .
2013 Seaway Tolls
(Cargo and Vessel Tolls in Canadian dollars per metric tonne)
|Loaded or Ballast Vessels||$0.0995||$0.1592|
|Minimum charge per ship per lock transited for full or partial transit of the Seaway||$25.75||$25.75|
|Lockage Charge (per GRT)||MLO||Welland|
|Loaded or Ballast Vessels||N/A||$0.2652|
Maximum per vessel
|Under the New Business Initiative, for cargo accepted as new business, a percentage rebate on the applicable cargo charges for the approved period||20%||20%|
|Under the Volume Rebate Initiative, a retroactive percentage rebate on cargo tolls on the incremental volume calculated based on the pre-approved maximum volume||10%||10%|
Documents listed on this page may require the Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free download from Adobe.